Sunday, January 27, 2013

Parttttty!

Yesterday was Connor's baby sister Everley's first birthday.   I was very nervous about having a party.  Every time we have a large gathering at the house, Connor doesn't do well.  between the noise and commotion he ends up getting headaches.   If he gets upset because of all the goings on he gets even worse breath holding spells than he does normally.  The whole time setting up for the party Friday night I was worried it wouldn't end well, I was considering cancelling.... But you just can't do that.   I will not let Chiari consume his life.  We will work around it.  We will adapt.  

Once everyone started coming over, I was very uneasy...Connor was fine.   All the kids came and played... I was so worried Connor would freak out about sharing.....he was fine.  His drink got spilled during lunch... I was waiting for it, but Connor was fine.   Presents...  Oh no, his sister was getting a present but he wasn't.  Connor was fine.   Cake time.... Oh geez, he's going to hate when we sing Happy Birthday, he joined in.... 

Note to self:  don't assume the worst will happen, and don't doubt Connor.  Ever.


Eating lunch with Grandma
 
 
Helping his sister open gifts
 
And of course, my little meatball trying to sneak some icing off the cake.
 
 
He and his brother and sister, are the icing on the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment