Thursday, January 17, 2013

First is the worst...

You know you love to be the first, first to introduce people to a new band, first to eat at that fantastic new restaurant, first to bring back pleather leggings... (Actually, you don't want to be first on the pleather leggings.  I thought I did until I wore them in class and every time I moved everyone thought I was farting), but you get my point.  Being a "trendsetter" is awesome.

NOT.

Connor is the first person I ever met with Chiari, so how could I go about getting advice and tips about what he was going through?  Who would hold my hand and tell me everything was okay because they know first hand?  Well, you go to the internet of course.   Through this medium I have "met" many, many people who have Chiari themself or have a loved one with it. And let me tell you, they are amazing.  So open to share and offer help and support. The more you search on the subject, the more people you find welcoming you with open arms.  Maybe this isn't so uncommon?  Ah, but it still is.   And this is where it's going to change.  Through my reaching out on the internet I was connected with The Conquer Chiari Foundation.  I want to set up an awareness walk.  I got my handbook today and I'll tell you, I am excited.   Terrifed, but excited.  I am very lucky to have a pretty good support system of people who adore Connor and are willing to help.  

Here I go! 



No comments:

Post a Comment