Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bravery...

What makes a person brave?  What  makes them strong?  I hear that word a lot.  You are strong.  It's a nice compliment, but I feel like I'm a fake. I'm falling apart, that is not strength.  Then I look at Connor.  After last night, his morning/afternoon did not go much better.  But around the time I was getting Luke ready for his first soccer practice of the season, Connor started to come around.  He just wants to be like his brother.  So, he ran and got his sneakers, yelled at me to put them on, and we all went to practice as a family.  Connor did so well.  He was pretty much happy the whole time and very active.  He doesn't seem to give a flying shit that most doctors don't think sports are the best idea for him.  That boy wanted to play some soccer tonight, and that he did (well, kinda, he just kicked the ball around with my mom while Luke had his practice)  But still, he enjoyed himself.  Unfortunately, he is not doing so well at the moment.  He has a bit of a headache and is just really unhappy.  We are just sitting here cuddling in the dark hoping the headache will pass, waiting for his neuro appointment on Monday.  So it makes me think, what is bravery?  To me, bravery is looking your limatations in the face while kicking them in the balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment