Saturday, September 7, 2013

Seeing is believing!

I feel like I'm coming out of my funk that I have been in for the past few months.  I have that positive feeling back, I'm starting to not hide in my house as much... things are looking up. A good friend from back home who is also stationed down here has been a tremendous help with the walk. He has gone out of his way to make sure I'm not on my own. I'm not one to ask for help with anything. Ever.  But knowing me for so long, he has just done it.  Pretty cool.  So, we move forward with the walk.  September 21st, Emerald Isle NC. 

As for everything else.  Not too bad.  Luke is in his first year of Pop Warner Football. I have some mixed feelings about that. Luke is my gentle giant. He is not aggressive at all.  He is a lover, not a fighter.  I feel some of the parents take it way to seriously and it should be more about fun than ripping eachothers heads off.  But, what do I know?  I'm more of an indoor type of girl anyway.

 

Everley, ah, Everley. She is my tiny terror.  She gives the boys a run for their money.  She is hell on wheels with the smile of an angel. I love every minute of it.


And then there is my Connor. My sweet boy with a heart of gold who won't hesitate to knock you out if he feels the need to.  Or lick you, don't forget the lick...  He is making progress in OT.  I see it.  No one else besides his therapist and I see it.  But if you know anything about me, you would know I only think my opinion is valid when it comes to my children.  (Yes, I know, my poor husband, and yes, I know, I need therapy)   Connor is speaking a bit better, he can sing a good chunk of his alphabet now.  It's quite cute.   He is also being a bit better about his hands and feet.  It's not a brawl for me to cut his nails anymore.  He doesn't flip out quite as horribly if he gets something on his hands.  But there are still the migraines.  Pardon my french, but FUCK these migraines.  It's just so unfair.  All I can do is hold him and try and ease the pain and wish that it was me instead of him.  Isn't that what we all wish though, even if your child has a cold... you just want to take whatever is bothering them away and put it all on you.  Mom can always handle it better than her baby.  At least we think so.
 

Another great thing, Connor's glasses arrived today.  He keeps telling me he is Clark Kent.  I agree.  He looks like a little ginger Clark Kent.  More amazingly, he can see properly.  He had them on and saw the etching on the car window for the first time.  "What the heck that, MOMMMM?!"   I know it will be an adjustment. He keeps touching them and getting fingerprints all over the lenses.  But he will adapt like always.   He looks pretty damn cute too!



“The relation between what we see and what we know is never settled. Each evening we see the sun set. We know that the earth is turning away from it. Yet the knowledge, the explanation, never quite fits the sight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment