Friday, June 21, 2013

“Those who say that we’re in a time when there are no heroes, they just don’t know where to look.”

Connor has been interesting lately, to say the least.  But his quirks make him who he is.  Who he is, is just indescribable.  He's a sweetheart, a lover, a fighter, a clown, a crab.... so many things wrapped up in a little ball of pale skin and reddish blonde hair with those bright blue eyes that can make you melt.   How can I feel sorry for us when I have such an amazing boy, two amazing boys and one amazing little girl? You can't.  I kind of feel like the past few weeks that I've been punk'd.  Crap can not really be going this bad? Can it?   How can I be having health issues of my own when I need to be on my game for these kids? But, sometimes that's the hand you are dealt.  If these kids are okay all is right in the world.  If Connor can get through a day with multiple migraines, I can too. 

Despite my crap day and Connor's cranky day, we still turned it around.  We went for a nice walk and fed the ducks (which Connor can't get enough of).  He loved it.  There is always a chance to turn your day around. 

I also am amazed how I find myself looking up to my three year old son.  Heroes come in all shapes and sizes.  Mine is Connor shaped. 

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment