Wednesday, August 28, 2013

You and me kid.

Connor has had a pretty rough week.  Some of it being a wicked headache, some of it being too hectic for him and some just the fact that he is three. It seems like much of life is a battle right now for me.  Even eating... Connor has completely regressed with eating. We used to have several "safe" foods that he would eat. Now I'm lucky to get him to eat a bowl of cereal. Sleep is less and less. I'm either up because he is up or I am up making sure everyone is still breathing. Lately I feel like I just won the lottery if I am allowed to shave my legs in the shower.  School? Yep, that's a joke.  I can't focus when I am there or I have to miss it due to something happening at home.  I was dropped from a class that I did 90% of the work in already because Connor had a seizure and I missed more days than I was allowed to.  This is not Connor's fault. Not the schools fault either.  It's life. Shit happens.  You deal with it.  I switched to online classes for the next term so I won't have to worry about the attendance.  This is going to be tough.  I have such a hard time focusing at home but I know I'll get through it.  If I can just get this school stuff done......  It will happen.  Just not as soon as I had hoped or planned.  When I do graduate, Connor needs to walk across that stage with me.

When you become a parent selfishness goes out the window. Everything you do is for them and about them.  My biggest goal in life is to make sure they are all happy, healthy and have every opporunity in life.  Today is one of those days that I woke up feeling sorry for myself.  How dumb is that? Connor's worst day would be a blessing to someone else.  There is always someone who has it worse. Quit your bitching! Right?  Setbacks are just that, they are setbacks. You just have to choose to keep moving and keep working towards your goals.



"It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself. "

1 comment:

  1. I am a Chiari fighter as well and I'm currently in college. I stumbled on your son's batman photo to raise awareness and I just shared it on my facebook for Chiari Awareness Month. :) Keep strong and never give up!

    ReplyDelete