Friday, July 19, 2013

Conquer Chiari Walk Across America

From the beginning of receiving Connor's diagnosis I was desperate to find information.  What was the most amazing source? The Conquer Chiari Foundation.   Every year for the past six years they have done an awareness walk.  This year I am organzing one for our area, Emerald Isle, NC.   To say it has been a challenge is putting it lightly. It is so hard to get sponors and donations. It's so hard to plan where you will have it.  It's hard to get people to register to participate in the walk.  But it's worth it.  I'm sure it's only hard because it's my first year and next year will be much better.  A lot of it is the fear of the unknown, but I have been lucky to get a lot of amazing advice from other organizers.  I'm pretty excited about it. Every place I speak to is another place that has now heard of Chiari.  Even if they don't want to participate, they have now heard the word.  Victory in it's own.

If you are interested in walking with us, please register below! We would love to have you!



To register to walk or donate for the Emerald Isle, NC walk:
http://www.conquerchiari.org/ccwaa/ccwaa-main.html

Walk Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/476936415703267/

No comments:

Post a Comment